Growth

6:06 PM






 "All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."
- Henry Miller
One of my habits when I turn a year older, I count the number of years left for me before I turn 30. The big 3 is my personal rule of thumb when I should have accomplished a lot of things. Adult things. One thing I know about growing up is reality of adulthood. It is this phase in our lives when we are thrown in the abyss of life's uncertainties. Moving somewhere new,  outgrown relationships and leaving behind the old and familiar without a glimpse of what's ahead. When things change, it's part of growth.

But growth is more than change. It's gaining new experiences and seeing more light in things we held on to the most. Growth is the change of perspective to become better. Growth is the unconscious transition of becoming something more. And as long as we go through life with a sense of fulfillment, we can face growth with eagerness.
 
Growth is my second illustration series. I intend to keep it growing, so there's going to be more additional works coming up. It's been quite a while since I've done watercolor Illustrations. They were done a year ago during my internship, and that was the last time I held my fingers around brushes.

See more of the illustrations in detail here.


You Might Also Like

0 comments