April Journal

6:40 AM


It's been nearly two months since the quarantine started. Initially there were a lot of frustrations vented out, since a lot of adjustments has been made. There were sleepless nights, countless meetings that's bringing a lot of unnecessary frustrations. But in the span of 3 weeks or so, we found a routine that could 

  • Scheduled get togethers by watching Korean Drama kept us sane on weekends and even weekdays. So far, we've watched 3, but I only kept myself dedicated watching to 1 (Itaewon Class). I'm bad at keeping myself interested in hour-long series that I randomly ask on highlights. But nonetheless, it kept us together. A bit of time spent more after watching these series with Kwentuhans. Currently exploring reality TV shows. 
  • Reading books were one of my key accomplishments vs. last year. I finished 5 already, and the best one was "Off the Map" by Alanis Bonnet.
  • Watercolor paintings have been my weekend hobby and I try to have my hands on a pencil or paintbrushes to work off the rust.
      • Getting busy in the kitchen were my favorite parts of the day. Part of my weight loss ambition is to come clean with meals. I'm not going to crash myself into massive diets, just trying to keep a pace on clean eating. I've grown to love being in the fresh section at my grocery visits lately plus some weekend preps like pickling tomatoes and dicing fruits for freezing.
  • Another special milestone is graduating a 2-week weight loss exercise program. I followed a program by Chloe Ting and her videos were the right one for my pace. I was kind of impressed of my daily accomplishments despite the fact that I still work after the workout.  
Quite happy of how i progressed while indoors. But at the end of the day, keeping myself at a pace and keeping myself restful is still important. the work from home setup didn't in any way loosen up the fatigue at work vs. the usual office setup, but it reminded myself to be agile anytime. Still figuring a way out to be more strategic in my work setup to enjoy more personal time, but I guess it's time to constantly foresee what "new normal" means and get used to the ambiguities coming up. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments