seal with a kiss

6:15 AM



I made a couple of hand cut stickers and prints I'll be mailing for a friend as I promised a very long time ago. We haven't spoken much after he left so I tried doing something different from PMs to preserve the ~*friendship*~ we've had.

Speaking of mail, there is always that feeling of excitement from sending and receiving one. I get giddy feelings when my 10-year old cousin would send me her pencil artworks and place little stickers on the envelope; Christmas cards from relatives; letters from previous relationships with hand-drawn illustrations of random objects on tissue paper; retreat letters from friends. Every mail sent/received is subtly attached with effort and sincerity that's deeply treasured.

I'm lucky that I live in a generation with a fast-paced system of communication but I hope that old school mail will not grow obsolete and forgotten. Its rareness and the thought of it crossing many terrains and seas are what I find highly valuable.  There is timeless magic in analogue that digital goods cannot beat.

See the full set of illustrations here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments